Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Brooches galore!…

I can’t believe how popular brooches have been just lately – people wanting to add some sparkle and colour to winter tops, coats and scarves . 

I actually ran out completely – Yikes!  So hence it’s a bit like  ‘Brooch City’ on my making table this week. 

Actually, I kinda managed to spread to most flat areas of my lounge … there’s been shells on the coffee table, various brooch components on the dining table, and a rather spectacular spillage of swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls and seed beads on our hideous multi-coloured ‘80’s carpet (thank goodness for the lovely person who once gave me the tip of putting a stocking (pantyhose or tights depending on where you’re from!) on the end of your vacuum cleaner hose to safely retrieve them all.

Here are just a few ‘in progress’ pieces awaiting their backing and brooch findings.  More colour combos to come…

IMG_6683

Are you a brooch lover?  What piece of clothing do you like to wear yours on?

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Reminiscent of the sea anemones I would discover as a child! So much wonderment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a lovely comparison - thank you Louise, you have a wonderful way of making me re-look at things with fresh eyes and an appreciation of the natural world - always!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary - appreciate you taking the time to comment :), Mel

      Delete

I'd love your feedback, please leave me a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails