Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Is Yellow your Colour?




I must admit I'm not a big fan of yellow as the main colour in clothing or accessories (probably because I can't wear it without looking unwell!)  But isn't yellow just gorgeous?  Such a feel good, bright, vibrant colour  :).

We spied several Kowhai trees on a recent walk and I just know the shape and of the flowers and gorgeous unfurling leaves are going to inspire a new design!

Speaking of new creations, here are a couple I prepared earlier ;)  ...

How fabulous is this Bobbie Pene Lampwork focal in my two fav colours? Wire-weaving this was a breeze as the design felt like it 'flowed' from the bead.

I've heard this type of stone called 'sea sediment jasper' and 'imperial jasper' among other things.  Quite a bit more 'man-made' rather than 'naturally formed', but still a gorgeous stone with lovely patterning I enjoyed my 1st attempt at a really structured frame.

Wishing you a happy and creative week ...


2 comments:

  1. I always love seeing what others create with my beads. It would be an interesting experiment to see what different people would create with the same bead. Your pendant is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is a gorgeous colour, but I can't wear it either. Your new creations are fabulous Mel!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback, please leave me a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails