Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Highlights

Such a lovely surprise to see friends Ange and Matt's American wedding featured in this weekend's newspaper.  Don't they (and their wedding party) look beautiful?   A wedding that really showed their relaxed, happy style.  Even more of a surprise was that Ange had mentioned me in the article as the designer and creator of her bridesmaids and flowergirls jewellery ... aww!  It was such a pleasure to work with Ange and her now sister-in-law, Tonya in creating paua and wire necklaces/earrings that brought a little bit of NZ to the day :)


Sunday saw me at the Porangahau Spring Fair @ Chapelwick Estate.  I had such fun stall neighbours who were doing their 1st ever market selling natural balms and waxes and the day just sped by.  It was lovely to see people who had bought from me before and who made a point of coming to say hello and catchup - I must admit I was impressed that they had come all the way from Havelock North (1 hour away) and Napier (1hour 20mins) for a day in the coastal countryside.

That was my weekend in a nutshell.  What did you get up to?

5 comments:

  1. Love the wedding post - how gorgeous! **gush** and so lovely to have been mentioned. What a romantic pair! You sure drove a long way to that market, glad to hear your alarm worked! Your stall looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel your stall looks wonderful, so beautifully arranged and I love my new pendant from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Louise and Mel. I really appreciate your support and feedback :). And yes Louise my phone alarm worked and the backup normal alarm. Ahem ... I also woke up half the house, whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stall does look very nice Mel and it sounds like a wonderful day!! How exciting to have your jewellery featured - congratulations and well deserved for all your dedication to your craft and lovely work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Denise for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback, please leave me a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails