Saturday, February 13, 2010

Waipawa Anniversary Market


Lovely day in Central Hawkes Bay at the Waipawa 150 Year Celebration Gala. There was a parade first which we couldn't see from our possie down in Coronation Park, but the period costumes of some of the people wandering through the market were just fantastic - very authentic! The entertainment throughout the day gave a great atmosphere - Te Aute Boys College with fantastic Waiata and Haka, Waipawa Primary School Kapahaka, Sticks and Drones (bagpipes and drums), and a Tai Chi demo to name a few. Lovely customers, great neighbouring stallholders and best of all - for the first time my husband and our boys stayed the whole day at a market with me!! Usually they come and visit and leave me and my helper (best bud or mum), but being 60 odd kms from home we thought we'd make a day of it and all piled in the brother-in-laws housebus with my gear and had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your feedback, please leave me a comment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails